Gjør mot andre som du vil de skal gjøre mot deg.

"Hovedforumet" hvor vi diskuterer alt som ikke passer i andre spesialfora.
Brukeravatar
kawlii
Veteranbruker
Veteranbruker

Gjør mot andre som du vil de skal gjøre mot deg.

Legg inn av kawlii »

Jeg har vanskelig for å forstå hva som skjer, og hva som er tanken bak ting som blir gjort.
Nå har vi en cache her i Bergen, som veldig mange av oss får med oss hva som skjer på. Det blir postet note på note, DNF på DNF. Dessverre er kanskje ikke dette rette stedet å ta denne "saken", men det er ikke mange andre aktuelle steder heller.
Cachen har fått nok på veggen sin.

Er det noen som tenker på at det sitter en person bak cachen?
Er det noen av dere som har møtt denne mannen?
Har ikke dere vært nybegynnere en gang? Hvordan lærte dere reglene?

Når man har noe negativt å si om en cache så tar man det ikke inne på veggen til cachen.
Enten så raser man fra seg langs veien, trykker "ignorer" (øverst på høyre side på listingen) og glemmer hele cachen,
Eller så spør man om hjelp.

Å holde på slik som dette ødelegger ikke bare for enkeltpersoner, det ødelegger for miljøet.
ToiniFTW
Varamedlem
Varamedlem

Re: Gjør mot andre som du vil de skal gjøre mot deg.

Legg inn av ToiniFTW »

Regner med du snakker om min note på denne cachen. Jeg hadde tenkt å skrive en mail, men da du kommenterte ville jeg bare tilføye det jeg hadde opplevd.
Brukeravatar
kawlii
Veteranbruker
Veteranbruker

Legg inn av kawlii »

Nei, det er langt i fra din note jeg snakker om. Det var bare den som fikk begeret til å renne over.
Det er postet note på note, som er slettet av CO etterhvert.
Og for å være helt ærlig så annser jeg det som langt over grensen til det som kalles mobbing.
Jeg synes at alle bør åpne øynene og tenke over hva de sier og gjør- og hvor de gjør det.
ToiniFTW
Varamedlem
Varamedlem

Legg inn av ToiniFTW »

Jeg skjønner det. Har ikke sett tidligere logger. Håper selv ikke jeg hadde mobbe-tone i noten min :o
Hadde en veldig hyggelig samtale med denne damen, så jeg skal ihvertfall tilbake til cachen igjen :)
DaveofNorway
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Legg inn av DaveofNorway »

Hey :) I hope its ok to use English here, I guess you all understand it :)

As the cache owner I would like to point out a few things here, if I may.

Firstly thank you to kawlii for making this post, I feel it raises some valid points.

My position is this:-

Im a new person to geocaching and like I'm sure most of you did , I'm learning more and more as I go along.
As I gradually found more and more caches I felt that it was time for me to make some caches to give something back to the community. Sure Ive had some fun making them but really they aren't made for my benefit.
Ive noticed after making some 16 caches so far that some members of the community seem to love to complain. Ive noticed this on other peoples caches also. Some of it I can see their side ,some of it I really see as unnecessary and quite rude. Im not going to mention any names but I'm sure some of you reading this could!
On the average cache these negative posts are a minority and I feel they don't impact much.

On my cache that we are talking about here there has been all sorts of negative feedback. For the most part it has been that the cache is placed in a private garden. Let me assure you all , that this simply is not the case. I have spoken to the closest house owner and she informed me that she does not own this wall (as I suspected) and the cache as placed within public property. I asked her if the cache being there is something she minded and she informed me that she enjoys having it there! I was surprised when she said this but then she explained in full that the cache has introduced her and her family into geocaching and that if anything the cache being there has been a great way of her and her family finding out about geocaching. They are now geocachers themselves! I wouldn't call that negative! I have her full permission to have the cache where it is even though as she tells me its not her property at all. This is written in the cache details.

When I placed the cache I placed it where I felt was not public property , hence why I initially didnt seek permission.
This turned out to be correct. I placed this cache for others to enjoy. What I didnt expect to see was lots of negative comments. Anyone planning to visit any cache can see clearly the location of a cache on the map. The can prejudge a cache before taking the trip. I find it rather silly that someone would go to a cache and then report that a cache is say "to public for them". Personally Im not great with heights , so I tend to avoid caches that appear to be on the edges of mountains! I would feel very silly if I went to such a cache and then commented negatively to the CO that the cache was way to high up! I guess you take my point! To my mind cache notes are not there for complaining, if you have a complaint best to mail the owner of the cache in a diplomatic way. Thats far better than rulning the cache log.

Its the same with DNF. One member has posted 5 DNF on that cache! I ended up gradually deleting them and in the end offered to meet the member at the cache to show where it was! If someone needs help then I'm more than happy to give it. I haven't had a reply back yet though...

As an end note....
Had this cache been my first ever cache then I can tell you with 100% certainty that it would of been my last. I would consider it really not worth all the hassle and stress. Despite responding to critique and moving the cache further away from housing, I still got further negativity. I also have to say that why anyone would think the cache is within a private garden is totally beyond me and I might add the actual property owner. She actually laughed when I told her what people had said. Enough said.

Lets turn this negative into a positive please people. Geocaching is designed to be fun!
ToiniFTW
Varamedlem
Varamedlem

Legg inn av ToiniFTW »

Dave, I will send you a e-mail explaining the notes on my two last caches if I may. My intent was not to be rude, I have as earlier explained not seen the previous loggs.
DaveofNorway
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

ToiFre skrev:Dave, I will send you a e-mail explaining the notes on my two last caches if I may. My intent was not to be rude, I have as earlier explained not seen the previous loggs.
Thanks for your mail, much appreciated :) Ive sent a detailed reply back. As stated you really were not an issue compared to others , though as discussed those have been deleted by the person who wrote them. I can only guess that my replies back put his/her brain into gear again :P
Brukeravatar
Hannkatten
Forumadministrator
Forumadministrator
Sted: Nesttun
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Hannkatten »

I fully agree that in general, people should think twice before leaving harsh remarks in a log. If anything, it's better to mail the CO directly.

On the other hand, I can also sympathize with those who have left such remarks. Some of us, while caching under the assumption that any required premission has been granted for a certain cache, have been approached by land owners or people representing the land owner and in some cases been yelled at for trespassing. This is a very uncomfortable situation to be put in, and so this is why some of us sees the importance of actually informing about adequate permission in the listing to begin with, if there is any room for doubt whether or not GZ is in a public area.
Bilde
DaveofNorway
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

I take that on board totally Hannkatten, though I have to say at this particular cache I didnt feel that there was a need to do so and nor did the nearest house owner when I did speak with her to seek permission in the light of such comments.
You live and learn with these things. Irrespective of that I feel that as a community if we aren't respectful to each other then we devalue the experience for all.
Brukeravatar
Hannkatten
Forumadministrator
Forumadministrator
Sted: Nesttun
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Hannkatten »

Absolutely - I agree that we have to try to quell these tendencies before they develop further - and be more respectful towards each other. I haven't seen all the logs in question in the case of this particular cache, but I've seen similar in many other cache listings, and I have some general advice on the matter, not pertaining to this or any other particular cache:

As geocachers, we should be careful with the wording in logs. Written statements carry more weight than spoken ones, as they aren't accompanied by tone of voice and body language. To compensate, we have the emoticons - it is remarkable what ;) can do to defuse an otherwise harsh remark.

As geocache owners, we should remember that not everybody has a lot of experience with written communication, or simply isn't any good at it, and might unwittingly come across as harsher than intended. Often, it is better to ignore than to engage. :)
Bilde
Svar