EVENT BERGEN

Her kan vi diskutere eventer som vi vil arrangere, eller som vi vil reise til.
Svar
georabbits.cz
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

EVENT BERGEN

Legg inn av georabbits.cz »

Hei, vi kommer til å gjøre på ferie Ålvik 7,6 til 14,6 og ønsker å organisere arrangementet i Bergen. Kan du fortelle oss egnet sted? Georabbits.cz og HRAZDA team
georabbits.cz
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Re: EVENT BERGEN

Hey, we're going on holiday to Alvik. From 6.6 to 14.6. We would like to organize the event in Bergen. Can you please help with choosing the venue. Thank you. Georabbits.cz and HRAZDA team
Brukeravatar
Hannkatten
Forumadministrator
Forumadministrator
Sted: Nesttun
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Hannkatten »

Hi! You can write in English. Using Google Translate with Norwegian as one of the languages generally doesn't work well.

If I understand you correctly, you are planning a vacation in Ålvik in June, assuming this is the place near N 60°25′55″ E 6°25′54″ - and then you want to host an event in Bergen (which is between a one and two hour drive from Ålvik).

We have many suitable places for an event - if you give us some more information on what you'd like to do, it will be easier for us to suggest a suitable location. Which weekday, what time of day, a short event (like half an hour) or a longer event (several hours). Urban (city centre), in a city park, suburban areas, near the sea, near mountains etc. The weather can be unpredictible in Bergen, so generally, it's a good idea to choose a location where there is shelter, if needed.

Please get back to us with more information, and we'll help as best we can :)
Bilde
georabbits.cz
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Hi, thank you for your answer.
what day and time is best for the organization of the event?
rather short meeting somewhere under the roof,
Brukeravatar
Hannkatten
Forumadministrator
Forumadministrator
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Hannkatten »

Weekends are usually the days when most people have the time, then you can pretty much choose the time to what suits you best. If you choose a weekday, some time after 17.00 is probably better.

If you intend this to be a short meet & greet type of event, then pretty much anywhere should be fine.
Finding places with public shelters in the city centre isn't easy, but here are two downtown suggestions:

N60 24.015 E5 18.080 - Nordnes
This is in a city park with a nice view towards the sea. 15 minutes to walk from the fishmarket. Some parking nearby. Trees in the area may provide some sort of shelter against rain.

N60 23.471 E5 19.581 - Festplassen
This is a traffic-free square very centrally located. 5 minutes to walk from the fishmarket. Ample parking in nearby P-houses. A nearby cafe might provide shelter in rain.

Have a look in Google Maps and take a look at the city centre. Anywhere with trees or grass nearby should be OK for events. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but we're here to help :)
Bilde
georabbits.cz
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

We decided to Nordnes Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Please report to you whether the date and time of suits.
Thanx. :D
Brukeravatar
Hannkatten
Forumadministrator
Forumadministrator
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Hannkatten »

Looks good! :)

Skrevet på mobiltelefon
Bilde
georabbits.cz
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Please recommend some interesting caches in Bergen and the surrounding area
and advice where we refuel E85 - ethanol in Bergen.
brittish
Veteranbruker
Veteranbruker

Legg inn av brittish »

Hi
Firstly: The date you have picked is during Pentecost, which means that everybody is off work on monday 9th of june. This means that many local geocachers may be away on the 8th. Therefore I would recommend moving the event to the monday.

Secondly: I have no idea about the fuel

Thirdly: It is hard to recommend any interesting caches as this depends on your interest.

In the city centre you can walk around and reach many both historic caches and some with a nice view. You definately should visit Bryggen, which is a world heritage site, GC25BXH.

The oldest cache in Norway is in Bergen, so from a geocaching perspective that is recommended, it also has a nice view, GCBBF.

If you like to hike in the mountains there are so many of them around Bergen that you can pick according to your fitness level and how long you want to hike.

Easy hikes can typically be done at Fløyen. This mountain can be reached by a funicular from the city centre. GC2E67C is one of the caches up there. I recommend riding the funicular just for the ride and the view even if you don't want to hike.

For a whole day hike I would recommend the Hiking for the Vikings series. GCW7WE is the first of five. For easier hiking and boosting your numbers an area in Arna is recommended since there are many caches in the area, e.g. GC4VWHW (check the map).

If you would like to see the coastal area I would recommend taking a drive out to the Islands outside Bergen. Espescially Algrøy, which has many caches and some of the most beautiful landscape I have seen, GC3JW87 is one of many caches out there.

Hope this helps. If there are anything else you are particulary interested please inform us.
olea
Seniorbruker
Seniorbruker
Sted: Åsane

Legg inn av olea »

I googled “E85”. After a few clicks, I found a list over E85 stations in Norway. Have a look: here

Provided this list is up to date, there are only 17 E85 stations in Norway. Although substantially cheaper than ordinary petrol, E85 has not gained much popularity in Norway. Most likely, this is caused by the low availability.

Still according to the list, the only E85 station in Bergen is in the south-western suburb Fyllingsdalen. Pretty close to GC3ERQC - Zøylen - AK#43. I hope that someone in Fyllingsdalen can confirm that E85 is available here.
Svar