Nordåsvannet caches

This subforum is for discussion in English
Svar
Basilius Valentinus
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Nordåsvannet caches

Legg inn av Basilius Valentinus »

There are some caches on islands in Nordåsvannet which manomatz and I want to go for. We cycled around the lake but couldn't find any canoe rental or so. Does somebody here know a place to rent a canoe at Nordåsvannet or an inflatable boat in the Bergen area? We will still be in Bergen until mid of June.
cheers
brittish
Veteranbruker
Veteranbruker

Re: Nordåsvannet caches

Legg inn av brittish »

I don't think there are any places to rent a canoe at Nordåsvannet - it is generally few places to rent kanoes in the Bergen area. Many of us has bought a cheap inflateable boats like this http://www.clasohlson.com/no/Proaqua-op ... t-/31-5209 and used them, but these are not recommended on days with wind or bad weather.
Basilius Valentinus
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Thanks for your reply! I think a boat like this would be a good idea. We will consider buying it. However it will be too big for our flight luggage and so we would have to leave it here. So if there is anyone who would rent his 'cheap inflatable boat' for a fair price to us, we would highly appreciate it.
We also looked on finn.no for used 'oppblåsbar båt', but without success.
brittish
Veteranbruker
Veteranbruker

Legg inn av brittish »

You are welcome to borrow mine, but unless you are two children I would not recommend both entering it at the same time. It supposedly can fit one grown up and one child, but I have no idea where I would put a child when I sit in it. So you probably need a second boat, And as I said you need to have nice weather with almost noe wind.
Alex K.B.
Juniorbruker
Juniorbruker
Sted: Bergen Sentrum

Legg inn av Alex K.B. »

Hi!

I have two kayaks and also want to log those caches! The only problem is that there is only space for one person per kayak and that I don't have a car to take them to Nordåsvannet. We can try to find a solution, probably someone with a car can help us and the we take turns to paddle to the islands? :)

Alex
Basilius Valentinus
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Hi all,
thanks for your responses, we are approaching a solution. :)
Brittish, thank you very much for your offer. We will gratefully come back to it when we manage to find an additional boat. So, maybe someone else here can provide a second inflatable boat for us. :) For sure we would have to wait for the right weather conditions.
Alex K.B., taking the kayaks would be great, but we also don't have a car here in Bergen. We can only help you carrying. But from what you posted I expect, that you don't live in (extended) walking distance to Nordåsvannet. :roll:
Svar